Scrap tire incineration
Scrap tire in landfill
Fossil fuel exploration
Fossil fuel transportation
Incomplete combustion for carbon black manufacturing
By replacing fossil fuel with scrap tire as raw material for CB production we will greatly reduce the consumption of fossil fuel, the irreplaceable treasure of our earth that takes millions of years to form. More importantly, the environmentally damaging fossil fuel explorations will be greatly reduced.
Reduction in fossil fuel used for CB production
Elimination of environmental damage due to improper disposal of scrap tires
The current scrap tire disposal is far from environmentally sustaining:
- More than 46% of the scrap tires are incinerated thus emitting hazardous exhausts into the atmosphere.
- More than 23% of scrap tires are used in ground rubber applications such as playgrounds and sports surfacing and rubber-modified asphalt, which will eventually disintegrate and pollute the soil and underground water.
- More than 15% of scrap tires are buried in the landfill. It can resist decomposition for more than 100 years and will create perfect breeding ground for mosquitos, rodents and snakes.
- More than 11% of scrap tires are used to generate tire shreds for use in road and landfill construction, septic tank leach fields and other applications. As a result, the hazardous materials from shredded tires eventually penetrate into soil causing long term environmental damages.
- Less than 1% of the world’s scrap tires are processed with pyrolysis processes and produce low quality CB that can only be used as rubber filler. The end of life rubber will eventually be disposed via landfill or incineration causing more environmental damages.
By virtue of its environmental and financial benefits G3C Technology will be the best and the only choice for scrap tire disposal and will eventually eliminate all the environmental damages caused by the improper disposal of scrap tires.
The G3C Technology is Triple Green and environmentally friendly
The number “3” in G3C represents three major environmental advantages of our technology:
GREEN 1 - No air, water or solid waste pollution and reduced carbon footprint - The process does not generate any air pollution or hazardous waste discharges; all of the water used for the processes is recycled, no waste water discharge; the G3C process carbon footprint is approximately 20% of the one for a typical virgin carbon black manufacturing process from fossil oil or gas.
GREEN 2 - No fossil raw materials used - Unlike the conventional carbon black manufacturing process that uses fossil oils as feed material, we do not use any fossil source material as feed for the process; the scrap tires are recycled in a closed loop:
scrap tires -> carbon black -> new tires -> scrap tires
GREEN 3 - No fossil fuel consumptions for operation - All fuel required for the process is self-generated so there is no need to use any fossil fuel for the system operation.